Grade : N/A
Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Phnom Penh
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement: [[filter13]]
Job Family: Public Information
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months full-time & office-based
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 14-jun-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
In support of realizing the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, UNESCO plays a significant role in all its domains as a convener, facilitator, and implementer of multi-stakeholder relationships. Acting in close partnership with government, development partners, civil-society, private sector, UNESCO is developing new types of inclusive, multi-stakeholder partnerships to implement and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As the most important instrument for the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of the UN development activities in Cambodia, given its unique inter-sectoral expertise, UNESCO’s programs are fully aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2019 – 2023 for Cambodia.
Currently, in Cambodia, the preparation process for the design and formulation of the new UNSDCF for Cambodia (2024-2028) has already been initiated through a three-pronged approach: 1) evaluation of the existing UNSDCF (2019-2023), 2) Task Team for drafting Common Country Analysis (CCA) 2022, 3) prioritization and design of new UNSDCF. UNESCO is actively contributing across all three aspects.
In this context, an Intern is required to work closely with the Head of Office and the Head of Office team in UNESCO Phnom Penh Office, for coordinating and implementing UNESCO’s initiatives in relation to the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework for Cambodia (UNSDCF 2019 – 2023). Within this framework, the Intern will support the HoO team in conducting research and analysis across all areas of UNESCO’s work in Cambodia, designing and drafting proposals for expanding UNESCO’s initiatives, and facilitating integration of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and UNSDCF accelerators, into UNESCO’s programmes in Cambodia.
Under the overall authority and direct supervision of the Head of UNESCO Phnom Penh Office and Representative to Cambodia, the intern shall undertake the following tasks, including:
1. Support the Head of Office and the team, in coordination with the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO), UNCT and UNESCO’s programme sectors, in monitoring and reporting relevant joint initiatives and programmes, including:
I. all Results Groups of UNSDCF for Cambodia (2019 – 2023);
II. all Theme Groups and Accelerators that UNESCO is part of, including Gender Theme Group, Economic Response Group, Social Protection Accelerator, and Strategic Partnerships Working Group.
2. Assist the Head of Office and the team in coordinating and supporting the design and formulation process of the new UNSDCF for Cambodia (2024-2028) by contributing to the drafting process of Common Country Analysis 2022, among others, as part of UNESCO’s contribution to the UNCT joint development process.
3. Support the Head of Office and the team in documenting, monitoring and conducting economic, social, cultural and political analysis related to UNESCO’s areas of competence; researching innovative regional and global best-practices and models for UNESCO’s work of all sectors, and facilitating UNESCO’s strategic contributions in Cambodia.
4. Provide support to the Head of Office and the team in designing and drafting concept notes for projects and initiatives, in line with UNESCO’s comparative advantages, to facilitate innovative partnerships and enhance efficacy of UNESCO’s programmes and initiatives.
5. Support the Head of Office and the team in designing and drafting external communication materials, including website news articles, social media posts, and advocacy material to ensure that UNESCO’s initiatives are circulated widely, and various stakeholders are engaged in an inclusive manner.
6. Undertake any additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Office and the team.
Age: Being at least 20 years old
Education: Being currently enrolled in or have recently graduated from (not more than 12 months prior to the start of the internship) an Advanced degree (Master’s degree) in International Relations, Political Science, Communications, Social Sciences, Economics, Development Studies, or a related field.
Language: Excellent written and spoken in English.
Required Experience/Skills: Knowledge and demonstrated experience of managing social media platforms, and drafting social media posts is preferable.
• Excellent analytical skills, result-oriented, and ability to work independently.
• High level of professionalism is required. Capacity to work under tight deadlines. Strong ability to take initiative.
• Sensitivity to the cultural context of the country, and the candidate should be able to work well in a team, and adapt to an international working environment.
• Good IT skills, including knowledge of MS software (Word, Excel etc.)
• You must show proof of a comprehensive health insurance valid in the country where you will undertake your internship and for the entire period of the internship.
• Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide a medical certificate indicating you are fit to work.
• Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide your ID/Certificate of Enrollment/Diploma (if you have just recently graduated).
UNESCO does not remunerate interns. There is no compensation, financial or otherwise for internship assignments.
• Please apply with a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter explaining motivation and prior relevant experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be “Internship Application: UNESCO Phnom Penh Office – Head of Office Team”
• Register in the UNESCO Internship webpage: https://en.unesco.org/careers/internships
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Tagged as: admin, diploma, Intern, IT, ITI, manager, PR, ship, social media, technical
UNESCO - All jobs openings
See: http://www.civicjobs.cajobs?id=72724 Posting expires on Monday, June 6, 2022....Apply For This Job
No Relocation Assistance Offered # 121046 – Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil Do you want to come to work with a...Apply For This Job
Position Purpose The Move One Relocation Coordinator is the primary point of accountability for Move One’s Relocation Management Company clients...Apply For This Job
OVERVIEW Post Number : SC 444 Grade : P-3 Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC) Duty Station: Paris Job Family: Natural Sciences Type of contract : Fixed Term Duration...Apply For This Job
Job Requisition ID: 133254 Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most...Apply For This Job
No Relocation Assistance Offered # 125645 – Denver, Colorado, United States CP Skin Health Group is a place for your career...Apply For This Job