Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Kabul
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 11-MAR-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
UNESCO has over the years been implementing education, communication and information and culture projects across Afghanistan.
In alignment with UNESCO’s approved C/4 and C/5 and related country framework such as the UN Transitional Engagement Framework for Afghanistan for international partner support for Afghanistan, UNESCO Kabul Office seeks to maximize resource mobilization through support to concrete development of concept notes and proposals in Education, Culture, Communication & Information, and the Humanitarian-Development-Peace (HDP) Nexus in Afghanistan.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Office in Kabul and Representative of UNESCO to Afghanistan the Individual Consultant shall support the resource mobilization efforts particularly the consultations and development of concept notes and proposals, which are to be shared with potential donors and stakeholders. Particularly, the Individual Consultant shall perform the functions indicated in the Terms of References below:
4. Conduct a mapping of potential donors for Education, Culture, and Communication and Information sections who are interested in supporting UNESCO initiatives and any key conditionalities;
5. Consult virtually with the Director, Section Leads and relevant programme staff to define the strategic focus of each section and the intersectoral focus drawing upon HDP Nexus approach;
6. Facilitate virtual consultations, in coordination with UNESCO Kabul Office personnel, with key partners/stakeholders to collect feedback and to identify synergies;
7. Review the UNESCO resource mobilization plan and provide input for necessary updates, based on the findings from the extensive desk reviews and consultations;
8. Draft sectoral and intersectoral concept notes and proposals based on the identified strategic focus of each section and the intersectoral focus drawing upon HDP Nexus approach. The concept notes and proposals must follow the templates of UNESCO with relevant visuals accompanying the narratives and be tailor made for addressing the relevant potential donors and stakeholders; and
9. Based on the concept notes and proposals developed, prepare corresponding briefs and presentation files, as and when necessary, to support the Director and Section Leads in their dialogue with potential donors and stakeholders.
Submit both editable (MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Powerpoint) and PDF files of the following:
All the assignments are expected to be completed no later than 30 June 2023. The Individual Consultant works remotely using his/her own necessary devices for the assignments. No travel is anticipated. The normal working days are from Sunday to Thursday. The Individual Consultant is expected to remain flexible when working with counterparts in Afghanistan in terms of scheduling of consultations and meetings.
Skills and competencies
Fluency in English is required.
Rename the “BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS” title to “APPLICATION PROCESS”, and use additional sections if required to add other relevant information.
Otherwise you can delete this section.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Tagged as: admin, Consultant, Director, erp, Intern, IT, ITI, labor, manager, PR, ship, technical
OVERVIEW Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED) Duty Station: Dakar Classification of duty station: [[filter12]] Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]] Job Family: Education Type...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: Ensures that the required standards of ISO 9001, 18001 and 14001 are upheld. Develop, manage and maintain the Company...Apply For This Job
No Relocation Assistance Offered # 150647 – New York, New York, United States Do you want to be part of a...Apply For This Job
Location: Dubai,Dubai,United Arab Emirates We are looking for an experienced English Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate should fulfill...Apply For This Job
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country # 146568 – Topeka, Kansas, United States At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around...Apply For This Job
Job Requisition ID: 152773 Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified...Apply For This Job