No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 111224 – Cambridge, Ohio, United States
The Controls Technician is responsible for the effective operation of plant production and utility equipment. Works with others to achieve factory business objectives of safety, efficiency, customer service, quality, cost and environmental protection. The primary accountabilities of the role include updating and maintaining the plant PLC and SCADA System and seeking and implementing new technology to the plant needed to attain high equipment reliability and uptime, safety compliance, data collection, housekeeping, problem solving and continuous improvement as part of a work team.
You´ll work within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and support functions.
– Provide data leadership skills to include use of SCADA (Wonderware) raw data and to provide vital real time information for planning, logistics, and maintenance troubleshooters.
– To Support Plant by aiding Engineering in design, installation and startup of CEB Projects.
– To help keep the plant controls systems up to date to meet the ever changing needs of the plant. Including design, programming and troubleshooting of the highly technical servo systems in the plant.
– To provide PLC (AB, GE, Siemens, etc.) programming and troubleshooting support for the plant for new projects and improvements to current systems.
– To provide SCADA support and creation of SCADA screens for new projects.
– Basic knowledge of SQL databases.
– To Work with plant & outside programmer to support the plants technical needs for SCADA and Controls Software.
– To develop and maintain the plant controls network, data storage and users setup.
– To work with Engineering on new projects by managing all the I/O delegation and Bus Configuration for the plant.
– Work with plant Maintenance area Planners, CI, and Engineering to implement new technology, line improvement projects, and to look for equipment best practices and incorporate into similar assign equipment.
– Work with plant Maintenance Technicians to understand unplanned equipment breakdowns and follows-up on changes and repairs performed during off shifts.
– Accurately and fully complies with all regulatory and compliance-related documentation and procedures; highlights variances. Understands and adheres to EOHS requirements. Understands and adheres to all Quality, GMP and Micro (C&S Guidelines) standards and guidelines.
– Participates in structured group or team activities related to line/area performance improvement, e.g., autonomous maintenance, housekeeping, problem solving, etc. Stays abreast of teams’ production performance via visual, written and verbal communications.
– Understands the needs of both internal and external customers. Internal customers include Quality, Planning, Maintenance and Finance. External customers are other CP plants, customer service and, for example, Target, Wal-Mart etc.
– Shares knowledge and develops maintenance skills in maintenance and operator technicians. Identifies new opportunities for transferring skills to operators. Actively participate in continuous learning opportunities.
– Every team member has the responsibility to fully utilize our resources to optimize our efficiency and to meet the needs of our customers, businesses and each other.
– To update and supervise critical controls processes in the plant thus helping to improve plant up time and Asset Utilization.
– Set-up plant equipment to run new SKU’s, labels, formulas, pallet patterns, etc.
– Understands the storeroom parts storage system and can easily search and find parts as needed. Also, must follow the accurate procedure for removing parts from the storeroom and accurately stores tools and spare parts in appropriate locations.
If your are interested in learning more about the role please apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Tagged as: Customer Service, diploma, Engineer, housekeeping, Intern, IT, ITI, learn, PR, Programmer, ship, skilled, technical
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels...Apply For This Job
No Relocation Assistance Offered # 114420 – Surrey, England, United Kingdom Location: Guildford, UK Salary Grade: 11/13 Reporting to: eCommerce Team...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic colleague’s focused Human Resources professionals who pride themselves on their ability to...Apply For This Job
The primary responsibility of the Mechanic – Steam and Gas – is to safely accomplish the installation, maintenance and repair...Apply For This Job
What we offer Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We...Apply For This Job
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and...Apply For This Job