Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 103356 – Baltimore, Maryland, United States
We are looking for a District Manager who will lead and develop a team of customer development professionals passionate about achieving the business objectives within veterinary clinics, hospitals and specialty pet retail stores in assigned geographies. You will be accountable for the development of your team and to grow overall consumption, district market share, achieve volume and dollar sales plan (LE) driving BRMO (Brand Recommended Most Often), expense plan (NVO), improve retail fundamentals through building customer relationships, sales and promotion execution, merchandising support, and overall delivery of Hill’s services and products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Define objectives and priorities for your direct reports in alignment with regional/local priorities and communicate regularly to ensure clear expectations. Establish and supervise individual performance against sales objectives and Key Performance Indicators for the team on a weekly basis.
– Develop coverage plans for the assigned areas: Customer classification, coverage, penetration, frequency and efficient routes. Set call efficiency goals by territory, communicate expectations to direct reports, review actual versus targets at least monthly and align action plan with each.
– Develop area business plans and support team to develop Customer actions to achieve territory / district objectives.
– Partner with external customer operations managers and respective colleagues to build relationships, align on key important metrics, and develop/implement specific activities.
– Demonstrate expertise in selling/negotiating and leading sophisticated customer situations.
– Lead district Gross to Net (GTN) budget to execute RE/brand strategy through prioritization of customers to achieve targets, optimally balancing the needs of customers and the company’s overall commercial objectives. Ensure a return on investment mentality throughout the field team.
– Ensure Distribution policy implementation and compliance to commercial selling principles.
– Understand customers’ strategies, priorities and needs that impact in-store/ clinic execution and take them into consideration when building commercial plans
– Ensure direct reports prepare business plans by clinic, present and cooperate with clinic / store decision makers and review business performance at least quarterly. Stay ahead of trends in the pet/vet trade, industry, represent Hill’s as the strategic choice and participate in local trade conferences
– Consistently deliver the fundamentals of customer engagement requirements and use business analytics to drive fact-based conversations and improve credibility.
– Collaborate closely with business partners including but not limited to warehousing, customer fulfillment, the customer service center, custom development colleagues, etc. Elevate issues / opportunities when barriers challenge achieving business results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
– Bachelor’s degree or higher.
– Minimum of 8 years prior sales experience.
– Minimum of 3 years key account management experience.
– Proven Leadership/ Team project management experience
– Proficient digital literacy in Microsoft office required
– Ability to travel, including up to 30% overnight stays
– Have a valid driver’s license
– Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds
– 5 or more years of people management experience, managing field sales professionals
– Experience in animal health or science related field
– Ability to relocate within 1 to 3 years for career advancement
– Ability to lead and encourage a team of customer development professionals
– Excellent communication, relationship building, and presentation skills, highly driven, tenacious, and self-motivated
– Strong analytical skills and basic understanding of business and business terminology
– Excellent time management, planning skills and managing budgets
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Tagged as: Customer Service, Driver, IT, ITI, labor, learn, management, manager, Operations Manager, PR, promotion, retail, sales, ship, ship building, time management, trade
See: http://www.civicjobs.cajobs?id=64817 Posting expires on Friday, September 17, 2021....Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic guest focused Housekeeping professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic guest focused Front Office professionals who pride themselves on their ability to...Apply For This Job
Application Deadline: 6 September 2021...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Maintenance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels...Apply For This Job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://jobs.colgate.com/job/Baltimore-District-Manager-Baltimore%2C-MD-MD-21201/740321600/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS→