About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate person ready for a bigger scope of responsibility. You are curious to challenge existing ways of working and able to develop new knowledge, skills & behaviors. You create an environment where IKEA’s values are a strong and living reality that adopts the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
•Live and share the IKEA values every day
•University degree in Logistics or relevent specialization and proven leadership abilities from successful experience of Retail Management
•5 – 7 years goods flow and supply chain management experience preferably in a high volume business or knowledge of retail operations
•Ability to speak and understand verbal and written English at Business level
•Knowledgeable on KPI’s and Profit and Loss Statements
•Advance Computer literacy
Manage the In-Store Logistics operations for an IKEA Store and ensure that all operational objectives/ metrics are delivered taking into account quality, quantity and cost through development and execution of tactical and operational initiatives. Also make appropriate business recommendations based on the analysis of daily/ monthly reports and variances. Finally support the sales departments (Self Serve, Furniture & Satellite) ensuring that customers are provided with the highest possible service level (in line with IKEA standards) combined with maximized stock turnover to achieve the pre-defined yearly sales targets.
• Monitor the ordering process of the store, so that the stock levels of all the goods in the store are in line with the sales pattern and agreed sales targets are achieved.
• Ensure that the store should achieve a high service level to customers and a healthy stock balance to avoid over stock, concrete stock and out of stock situations.
• Be responsible for managing the in-store warehouse, stock movements, stock levels and replenishment.
• Monitor and secure the sales space in relation to the range size by close interaction with the sales & com-in departments.
• Liaise constantly with the Sales Managers Furniture & Satellite to make sure that the sales space is optimized.
• Be responsible for the regular replenishments & ensuring bins in the store are stocked up with required levels. This is supported through the analysis of top selling items, movement of stock, ensuring there is sufficient cover available for fast moving items and constantly liaising with the range & logistics department to prevent over-stock or stock-out situations.
• Work with Trinity Sales, Sales and Com – In in order to maximise Sales.
• Prepare the annual business plan and budget for the department, (e.g. manpower, purchase, stock loss and damage provision budgets) and management information provided to support appropriate business decisions.
• Review and monitor daily and monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and analysis reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures (e.g. reports relating to; stock levels, stock ageing, top sellers, service levels with regards to stock availability, volume turnover, recovery analysis, range analysis, manpower productivity, etc.).
• Track performance, analyze variances, explore problem areas and utilize them for continuous improvement and appropriate recommendations.
• Maintain consistent stock balances by adhering to strict inventory control procedures.
• Monitor, investigate and authorize along with the Store Manager any adjustments/ discrepancy in the physical movement of stock.
• Conduct annual count of inventory and ascertain a tolerance level for the shrinkage.
• Manage the asset register of the store in co-ordination with the finance department.
• Coordinate system inputs to ensure smooth data flow, sales space capacities, recovery, transfer of goods and stock adjustments are as per the agreed Store Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Secure that the warehouse equipment & machinery are maintained and are safe to operate.
• Maintain, negotiate and renew the service contracts and agreements for the maintenance of these assets periodically.
• Ensure that equipment is utilized efficiently and to the optimum level.
• Ensure that equipment handlers are properly trained and licensed to prevent work related accidents and all the safety and security procedures and checklists for equipment and warehouse racking are completed on a daily basis so as to ensure the store is safe to open for trading.
• Ascertain all safety regulations are as per the local law and guidelines of the country.
• Establish that all controls, processes and data are accurately maintained in the Navision system to safeguard smooth data flow and achieve detailed and precise reports (e.g. sales space capacities, damaged stock, recovered stock, stock transfers and stock adjustments).
• Be responsible for maintaining and evaluating any store logistics related parameters in the system in co-ordination with the IT Manager and further develop the Warehouse Management and the Inventory Control Systems.
• Be responsible to optimize the recovery of losses and minimize the impact from damaged and returned products through conversion from a loss to a break-even point and there by reducing the effect of stock losses.
• Achieve that the ASIS section contributes to nearly 1.5% of the total store sales annually by establishing discounts for the merchandise after monitoring the cost price.
• Review the Recovery department reports analyzing sales returns, destruction and ASIS sales in order to control the extent of damages and stock losses.
People Management and Development
• Prepare manpower plans, set productivities for all the In-Store Logistics functions and supervise the Inventory Control, Recovery and Warehouse teams to ensure highest level of work efficiency within the budgeted productivities, motivation and control all the operational costs.
• Drafting of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all ISL activities and ascertain that all staff are properly trained on all the SOP’s and receive adequate development support to secure the store performance and succession needs.
• Obtain and coordinate store requirements, in conjunction with the rest of the store management team to liaise efficient opening/ closure of the store, deal with customer guidance and complaints and supervise all operating departments.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Tagged as: Al Futtaim
Richmond Olympic Oval is now hiring.Posting expires: Friday, September 17, 2021. The job posting service is provided in partnership by...Apply For This Job
Sunshine Coast Regional District is now hiring.Posting expires: Friday, November 5, 2021. The job posting service is provided in partnership...Apply For This Job
City of North Vancouver is now hiring.Posting expires: Monday, October 4, 2021. The job posting service is provided in partnership...Apply For This Job
City of Coquitlam is now hiring.Posting expires: Sunday, November 28, 2021. The job posting service is provided in partnership by...Apply For This Job
City of Burnaby is now hiring.Posting expires: Monday, November 1, 2021. The job posting service is provided in partnership by...Apply For This Job
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.afuturewithus.com/job/Muscat-Logistics-Manager-IKEA-Oman/637351901/?feedId=null&utm_source=J2WRSS&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=J2W_RSS→