Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Phnom Penh
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Programme Coordination
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 06-December 2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
In support of realizing the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda, UNESCO plays a significant role in all its domains as a convener, facilitator, and implementer of multi-stakeholder relationships. Acting in close partnership with government, development partners, civil-society, private sector, UNESCO is developing new types of inclusive, multi-stakeholder partnerships to implement and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNESCO’s programs are fully aligned with the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) 2019 – 2023 for Cambodia.
In Cambodia, the preparation process for the design and formulation of the next United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework for Cambodia (UNSDCF 2024-2028) has already been initiated through the evaluation of the existing UNDAF (2019-2023), development of the Common Country Analysis 2022, and strategic prioritization and design of new UNSDCF. As the most important programmatic instrument for the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of the UN development activities in Cambodia, UNESCO has been actively contributing to all preparation processes for the new UNSDCF to offer UNESCO’s unique inter-sectoral expertise in supporting Cambodia to achieve its long-term national development vision and the 2030 Agenda.
An Analyst is required to work directly with the Head of Office and UNESCO Representative to Cambodia throughout the entire design and formulation process of UNSDCF Cambodia (2024-2028), to support the strategic positioning of UNESCO in UN Country Team in Cambodia through coordinating and facilitating UNESCO’s contribution for the new Cooperation Framework. Within this framework, the Analyst will also support the Head of Office and UNESCO Representative to Cambodia in coordinating and implementing UNESCO’s initiatives in relation to the UNDAF 2019 – 2023, conducting research and analysis, supporting resource mobilization and donor relationship management, and facilitating integration of the Sustainable Development Goals and programming principles into UNESCO’s programmes in Cambodia.
Under the overall authority and direct supervision of the Head of Office of UNESCO Phnom Penh Office and UNESCO Representative to Cambodia, and in close collaboration with respective programme sectors, the Analyst shall undertake the following tasks:
1. Provide support to the Head of Office in coordinating and facilitating UNESCO’s contribution towards the design and formulation of the UNSDCF 2024-2028, including through developing the Common Country Analysis, participating in relevant task teams, and preparing for the strategic prioritization and drafting of the UNSDCF 2024-2028.
2. Support the Head of Office, in coordination with Resident Coordinator’s Office, UNCT and UNESCO’s programme sectors, in monitoring, reporting and implementing relevant joint initiatives and programmes, including:
I. all Results Groups of UNSDCF for Cambodia (2019 – 2023);
II. UN inter-agency programmes;
III. Gender Theme Group, Economic Response Group, Social Protection Accelerator, and Strategic Partnerships Working Group.
3. Support the Head of Office to conduct economic, social, cultural and political analysis related to UNESCO’s areas of competence, research innovative regional and global best practices and models for UNESCO’s work of all sectors, and facilitate UNESCO’s strategic contributions in Cambodia.
4. Provide support to the Head of Office in establishing linkages and strategic partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders, including civil-society, government, development partners, and the private sector.
5. Provide support to the Head of Office in designing and drafting concept notes for projects and initiatives, in line with UNESCO’s comparative advantages, to facilitate resource mobilization, innovative partnerships and enhance efficacy of UNESCO’s programmes and initiatives.
6. Support the Office in conducting monitoring and reporting of human rights situation in Cambodia in relation to UNESCO’s areas of work, including freedom of expression, rights to education, culture and environment, and integrating human rights analysis into the design and implementation of UNESCO’s programmes and initiatives.
7. Provide support to the Head of Office in project management of peacebuilding related initiatives, including supporting the design and development of Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum Archives Preservation and Digitization Phase II project, preparing project documents, reports and work-plans, and coordinating with partners and donors for smooth implementation.
8. Support the Office designing and drafting external communication materials, including website news articles and advocacy material to ensure that UNESCO’s initiatives are circulated widely, and various stakeholders are engaged in an inclusive manner.
9. Undertake any additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Office in relation to above mentioned areas.
10. The consultant will be required to provide monthly progress reports including the documents produced as part of the contract.
Education and Subjects: Advanced degree in International relations, Communications, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or a related field.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of working experience in the international development context, preferably at the international level. Demonstrated sound understanding of UN/UNESCO’s mandate and programmes.
Language skills: Excellent written and spoken English.
Competencies and skills:
Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now”, then download and complete the Employment History form (Word file). At the end of the Word file, insert extra pages with the following required information in English:
Please note UNESCO cannot consider an incomplete proposal that does not include:
A Technical Written proposal (2-3 Pages Maximum) consisting of:
• A description of your proposed approach and methodology for undertaking the assignment (in a cover letter format)
• A work plan with detailed milestones and key deliverables/activities as per the terms of reference (if needed, in brief)
• Comments on the Terms of Reference, if any (in brief)
A Financial Proposal showing the amount to be charged for the assignment laid out in a payment schedule showing monthly payments against specific deliverable and then expressed as an overall lump-sum, which should be quoted in US dollars only. Any travel and subsistence requirements should be indicated separately. Please design your payment scheme against clear and specific set of deliverables and milestones as reflected in your work plan
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Tagged as: Consultant, erp, Intern, IT, ITI, labor, management, manager, PR, ship, SMO, technical
We are currently looking for dynamic, and self motivated Sales professionals who want to move their careers forward. As a...Apply For This Job
We’re JTI, Japan Tobacco International and we believe in freedom. We think that the possibilities are limitless when you’re...Apply For This Job
Job Requisition ID: [] Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Maintenance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels...Apply For This Job
Job Description We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver...Apply For This Job