Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Beirut
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Non Staff
Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 26-May-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Development of Lebanon’s education sector was disrupted by the onset of the Syria Crisis, which obliged the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE) to focus on coordinating and managing an emergency response. Since 2011, MEHE has created places for more than 200,000 non-Lebanese students in its public schools under the RACEI and RACEII strategies. Recently MEHE’s focus is on transitioning from emergency response to meeting the development challenges of managing a protracted crisis. This is critical if Lebanon is to be able to offer all children the kind of education envisaged in Sustainable Development Goal 4 by 2030.
In 2021 MEHE developed the General Education 5 Year Plan as a contribution to realizing the humanitarian and development aims of the sector. The 5YP was launched in 2021 and it forms part of a government-wide effort to transform Lebanon. This is reflected in the national development goal for Lebanon’s future: Lebanon’s high-quality human capital strengthens socio-economic development, innovation and resilience.
Scope of the Assignment
This function is to ensure reporting compliance on all priority areas, programs, projects and activities under the 5YP. This position is critical to the successful reporting process of the different education initiatives and for providing communication tools and content to DGE staff, IST staff, partners and others. It requires coordination within the different stakeholders, ensuring close coordination with MEHE colleagues and programs/projects implementation managers and counterparts working in the Education sector to ensure reporting outcomes.
Unified and customized technical reporting.
This position is well suited to candidates who enjoy working under pressure and be an effective part of a team and much of the work to be undertaken by this position requires high reporting, communication, and soft diplomacy skills. S/he is expected to build capacity and invest in the human resources of MEHE’s civil servants as per the directions of the DGE. S/he shall provide timely reporting to UNESCO and the DG on all matters related to the duties below.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for developing reporting within the context of the 5YP programs, projects, and initiatives as per DG directions.
• Coordinate with team members to develop a unified and integrated reporting process for MEHE under 5YP taking into consideration standard reporting requirements for different donors.
• Collate information on country-level data and reports in the standard MEHE format and/or specific donor formats, in collaboration with MEHE directorates as per 5YP.
• Assist in fulfilling project reporting requirements including quarterly, mid-year and end of year as per donors and funding modality standard reporting quarterly and annually requirements under 5YP.
• Contribute to the write-up and analysis of M&E data outcomes and reports.
• Assist in the editing and finalization of policy/strategy/position papers and prepare program and project-related information for specific donors upon request and in collaboration with education team specialists, consultants, and counterparts under 5YP.
• Work closely with external and internal editors to ensure a comprehensive annual report for 5YP.
• Contribute to drafting of presentations-background information, communication materials as requested by the DGE.
• Assist in the preparation of talking points for meetings as per the DGE request.
• Undertake assigned research and producing analytical reports as required by the DGE to complete assigned education partnership initiatives across.
The Consultant shall submit to UNESCO and the DG monthly activity reports in the specific responsibilities defined in this Terms of Reference Monthly and/or bi-weekly Activity Report that includes the following:
a. Executive summary of the overall performance (tasks assigned vs actual accomplishments.
b. Key monthly objectives & activities with clear & measurable indicators (outputs & outcomes)
c. Approach to work and methodology including challenges, limitations & adaptation in methodology and Lessons Learned
d. Implementation Plan, Milestones & Future steps (ongoing tasks and/or new cycle)
e. Communication, supporting visuals & testimonials: What key messages could be drafted for dissemination by the Director General and to which audiences/ Stakeholders.
The Consultant shall submit to UNESCO and the DG an “End of assignment closure report” including handing over of any documentation (electronic or otherwise), assets and deliverables belonging to MEHE.
Level of Effort and Duration of the Assignment
• The overall level of effort required from the Expert for this Assignment: This is a full-time position, requiring daily attendance at the workplace.
• The assignment is for 11 months with possibility of extension depending on performance and budget availability.
• At least a Master’s degree in international development, information visualization, journalism, community development, business administration, communication or any related field.
• 5 years’ experience in reporting and data analysis at educational programs at International Organizations or government agencies and ministries.
• Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance with reporting requirements for multi-level program and projects, including different partnerships.
• Very good knowledge of compliance & governance aspects related to institutional grants and other types of partnerships.
• Proven ability to work both independently and within a team of senior experts.
• Strong tactful/soft diplomacy and communication skills with proficiency in developing high-level compelling technical written and oral presentations.
• Excellent computer proficiency (Word, Excel – proficient in formulas and charting, outlook), and knowledge of graphic design is desired.
• Fluency in Arabic and English, French is highly desired.
• Excellent reporting and editorial skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Tagged as: admin, Consultant, diploma, Director, erp, Intern, IT, ITI, labor, learn, manager, PR, ship, technical
UNESCO - All jobs openings
See: http://www.civicjobs.cajobs?id=71167 Posting expires on Friday, April 22, 2022....Apply For This Job
OVERVIEW Post Number : ED-601 Grade : D-1 Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED) Duty Station: Paris Job Family: Education Type of contract : Fixed Term Duration of contract : 2 years...Apply For This Job
No Relocation Assistance Offered # 119163 – Warsaw, Mazovia, Poland Responsibilities: Maintenance of the integrity and accuracy of transaction recording...Apply For This Job
Ad No: 39087Job Classification(s): BW1 Building Service Worker 1Job Type(s): Regular/full-timeDepartment: Department of FamiliesLocation(s): Winnipeg MBSalary(s): BW1 $1,340.80 – $1,518.40...Apply For This Job
POSITION PURPOSE: To provide the highest standard of service to our customers in managing their move, ensuring the...Apply For This Job
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and...Apply For This Job